To propel students into success as scientists, problem solvers, and compassionate thinkers.
Environmental education provides the perfect platform for social emotional learning as well as science skills. Our classes incorporate techniques and methodology from non-formal and formal education, best practices in social emotional development, and the newest research in child development to create something NEW.
You can learn everything you need to know about the way the world should be in just a half acre of woods. The balance present in all kingdoms of life, the way nutrients cycle through non-living and living things alike, and the innate beauty that is present all around us. Our desire is to foster caring, and compassionate individuals who appreciate and care for all forms of life. We practice building loving relationships with the natural environment, and each other, while exploring science concepts and providing preparation for the Next Generation Science Standards and California’s Environmental Principles and Concepts.
Benefits of Outdoor learning
- Increased body and spatial awareness, coordination and balance.
- Increased ability to focus.
- Decrease in stress levels.
- Increase in sense of self and belonging comes with a connection to nature.
- Increase in enjoyment of science
- Increased self reliance
- Increase in both fine and gross motor skills.
- Free movement allows for more motions that cross the body's centerline building more connections between the right and left brain.
- Increased ability to work as a team.